TOWN COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
November 10, 2020,
Councilors present at the November 10, 2020 meeting: Bobbi Gordon, Curtis Thompson, and Will Lemmon. Bill Beard was absent. Mayor Juli Kennedy was also present.
Employees present: Scott Lamb, MacKia Tarvin.
Community members present: John & Dorothy Edwards, Shirley McCarl.
Meeting of November 10, 2020 was called to order at 6:05 Tuesday evening by Mayor Juli Kennedy.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Note: when “motion carries” is stated, everyone approved.
Minutes for October 13, 2020:
• Motion to approve the minutes by Councilor Gordon. Seconded by Councilor Lemmon. Motion carries.
• Mayor Kennedy reported that Lexington applied for the Small City Allotment Grant this year and it got accepted. Lexington got the full amount of $100,000.
• MacKia Tarvin stated that she had received a sheet of pricing from the attorneys “Vankoten and Cleaveland LLC” and recommended that Lexington the hire them at an hourly rate. Councilor Lemmon made a motion to approve hiring “Vankoten and Cleaveland LLC, Gordon seconded it. Motion carries.
• MacKia Tarvin also stated that she received the pricing sheet from “Solutions, CPAs”. After reviewing the pricing and all the services they offer, Bobbi Gordon made a motion to hire “Solutions, CPAs” to do our yearly audit, seconded by Will Lemmon. Motion carries.
• See attached maintenance report.
• Scott Lamb asked that the councilors approve to let him order new signs for the front of the shop and the Town Hall with some left-over grant money. Councilor Gordon made a motion to order two new signs from “High Performance Signs”, seconded by Councilor Lemmon. Motion carries.
Fire Department Report:
• MacKia Tarvin reported that the Lexington Fire Department had finally picked up the Tanker truck they had bought previously from Ione for $6,000.
• Scott Lamb stated that he feels it would be fair to offer a raise to Joanna Lamb for cleaning our Town Hall. The pay rate would increase from $15.00 an hour to $20.00 an hour. Bobbi Gordon made a motion to increase Joanna Lamb’s pay rate, seconded by Will Lemmon. Motion carries.
· No old business.
Public Comments, Concerns, Questions:
· No public comments, concerns, or questions.
• No Delinquent Accounts.
Financial Reports and Bills:
• Motion was made by Councilor Lemmon, seconded by Councilor Gordon to approve the financial reports, and bills as presented. Motion Carries.
Meeting was adjourned by Mayor Kennedy at 6:44 pm.